Old role playing games had bad graphics, clanky gameplay, and limited engines. Hardware limitations was the reason of all that. But because of all of those limitations, game developers focused on writing the most. That’s why we have cult classic RPGs with deep lore, epic story, rich dialogues, and interesting characters.
We want to play old RPGs but we can’t because they’re so outdated… That’s why we need remakes, remasters, and reimagines of old cult classic RPGs.
A simple graphical polishing would be enough. The most important thing in a remake is the gameplay improvements in my opinion. That’s what makes old games playable.
Key points of a remake: Bug fixes, UI adjustment, gameplay improvements, and maybe a little bit of graphic polishing.
1. Fable Anniversary
2. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition
3. Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
4. Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
5. The Bard’s Tale Trilogy
((( Best bard game. )))
6. Mass Effect Legendary Edition
7. Skyrim Special Edition
8. Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
9. Sid Meier’s Pirates!
10. The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
11. Secret of Mana
12. Avernum: Escape From the Pit
This is a remake of “Avernum”
which itself is a remake of “Exile: Escape From the Pit”
13. Trials of Mana
14. Final Fantasy Series
Final fantasy series had numerous remakes through time.
bunch of FF remakes exist.
15. Grandia HD Remaster
16. Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
17. Divinity: Original Sin – Enhanced Edition
18. ADOM – Ancient Domains of Mystery
19. Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen
20. Dying Light Enhanced Edition
21. The Witcher 2: Assassin’s of Kings Enhanced Edition
22. Dark Souls: Remastered
23. Yakuza 5 Remastered
24. ATOM RPG Trudograd
25. Daggerfall Unity