Age of Empires 2 is the best RTS game of all times in my opinion. Many gamers and game reviewers also consider it to be the best real strategy game for various reasons. Such as its rich historical setting, huge number of playable civilizations, diverse range of units and tech, etc. AI is also really good in AEO2 which is a huge factor in real time strategy games.
The multiplayer mode is also a major factor of why AEO2 considered the best. Players compete against each other over the internet smoothly. Civilizations are also fully balanced. Which contributes to the multiplayer experience.
Overall, Age of Empires II’s combination of historical setting, depth of gameplay, and multiplayer functionality have made it a fan favorite and stand the test of time.
I’ve 5 reasons why you should play Age of Empires 2 in 2023:
- Classic gameplay: AEO2 is the cult classic strategy game. Its gameplay set the standart for strategy games over the years and still it does.
- Variety: This game has 42 playable civilizations in total. All have unique tech, units, buildings, etc. That alone offer hundreds of hours of content and replayability.
- Historical setting: If you like history, especially the medieval era, Age of Empires 2 is just what you need.
- Community: There are still thousands of players in AEO2 lobbies. You can always find teammates and opponents to enjoy online battles.
- Remake: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition released in 2019 as a re-make of the old game. It’s improved, polished, debugged, and ready to go!
Best RTS of All Time
Best RTS of all time is Age of Empires 2 and I don’t want any arguing on this matter. Of course, there are other great RTS games such as Starcraft, Warcraft III, Age of Empires II, and Command & Conquer. They all have their own huge fanbases, history, remakes, etc. However, AEO2 is the ultimate RTS. One had to be at the top right?
What about Age of Empires 3 and 4? They are released after AEO2 but none of them compete with it. I’m not saying they are bad, but AEO2 was something else. It’s just not my opinion either. If you check steam reviews of all Age of Empire games, you’ll see that the second game have the most positive reviews by far.
By the way, remake of AEO2 introduces new co-op campaign mode. The campaign is already as good as it gets but you can still double the fun with the co-op option.
So, what do you think my boys and gals? You agree that the AEO2 is the best real time strategy game of all times, or you have a different game on your mind? Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below and I’ll see you soon. In the meantime, I’ll be playing Age of Empires 2. Take care!