Welcome fellow curious RPG enjoyer. On this page, you will find critical information about the Baldur’s Gate chronology. Shall we begin?
SHOULD YOU PLAY BALDUR’S GATE 1 – 2 BEFORE 3?
First of all, we should set something straight. Baldur’s Gate and other D&D games are using the Dalereckoning year system.
Dalereckoning is taken from the Year of Sunrise, 1 DR, when the Standing Stone was raised by the elves of Cormanthyr and the human Dalesfolk. Since this time, humans were permitted by the Elven Court to settle in the more open regions of the forests.
Dalereckoning (DR) means Freeman’s Reckoning.
So, latest game of the series, Baldur’s Gate 3 is set in 1492 DR. More than +100 years later from the events on Baldur’s Gate 2.
Timeline of D&D Games
All the dates listed below are calculated in Dalereckoning calendar. Baldur’s gate chronology and order, enjoy.
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – 1281
- Icewind Dale 2 Complete – 1312
- Eye of the Beholder – 1358
- The Temple of Elemental – 1359
- Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition – 1367
- Baldur’s Gate I – 1368
(The god of hatred – Bane revived from the dead.)
- Baldur’s Gate II – 1369
(The god of murder – Bhaal regain power.)
- Pool of Radiance II: Ruins of Myth Drannor – 1369
- Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition – 1372
- Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone – 1373
- Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete – 1374
- Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance – 1374
- Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II – 1376
- Bungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale – 1420
- Neverwinter – 1479
- Sword Coast Legends – 1490
- Baldur’s Gate III – 1492
Well look at that, there are many D&D games out there. But unfortunately most of them are really old, even ancient. In this day and age, most of them feels unplayable. You can also check out the best BG games list. Let’s hope it satisfy your curiosity. If it doesn’t Baldur’s Gate 3 similar games list most definitely will.
As can be seen, first two Baldur’s Gate games are in one year apart. However, Baldur’s Gate III events happens +100 years later. Still, we encounter some similar characters, such as Volo. Is he immortal? Only gods know…
BALDUR’S GATE 3 FUTURE COMPANIONS
Baldur’s Gate chronology starts at 1368 and goes to 1492. Pretty neat. Looks like that’s it. If you want to ask or add anything, be my guest, use the comment section below.
Leave a Reply