There are 5 possible companions in Baldur’s Gate 3. Each have their own unique background and questlines that must be solved. So, today I wanted to share a BG3 companion quests guide.
Baldur’s Gate 3 companion quests are pretty short at the moment. There isn’t really much to do except for few small journal updates. Also, the most companions reveal their backgrounds after long rests. That is why you should always do a long rest after a major fight.
Guide to BG3 all companion quests:
Let’s start with my favorite companion Shadowheart. Her companion quest is called Daughter of Darkness. Quest starts the moment you recruit her to your party.
- Broken statue near the blighted village windmill triggers something in Shadowheart.
- After some progress and couple of long rests, she starts commenting about Selune. She reveals more if you can persuade her.
- She notices Shar’s justiciars dead bodies in Grymforge.
Also, Shadowheart carries a mysterious artifact in Baldur’s Gate 3. It looks like a Githyanki treasure but who knows. Certainly, it’s related to Shadowheart questline.
The Githyanki Warrior is her companion quest. It starts the moment you save her from tieflings at the ravaged beach.
- There’s a tiefling that has spotted the Githyanki patrol. Lae’zel will want to interrogate him. Which is quite an ugly sight.
- Githyanki patrol is at The Risen Road and Lae’zel wants to have a word with them.
- Defeat Gith patrol and loot Elaborate Slate. After that you can have a discussion with her.
Gale Story Quest
The Wizard of Waterdeep quest order:
- Resurrection protocol. Let Gale at at least once in order to trigger his revivify quest.
- Rest each time after approval increase and approach him at night to trigger weave romance scene.
- Find magic items for Gale.
Gale needs to consume artifacts in order to prevent something horrible. I don’t want to spoil it though. Gale will eventually reveal it to you.
Here is the list of possible Baldur’s Gate 3 gale artifacts.
- Idol of Silvanus
- The Necromancy of Thay
- Amulet of Selune’s Chosen
- Sword of Justice
- Iron Flask
- Staff of Crones
- Shadow of Menzoberranzan
- Disintegrating Night Walkers
Wyll Origin Quest
His quest is called The Blade of Frontiers which is also his nickname.
- Wyll hates goblins because they killed his entire village and took his eye. So, first part of his quest is killing the goblin leaders.
- Find goblin Spike and let Wyll talk with him. Spike will reveal information about Wyll’s patron Mizora. (Goblin Fezzerk knows Spike’s location. Use speak with dead on him if needed be.)
If you side with Minthara and goblins to wipe out groove, Wyll leaves your party.
Astarion Story Questline
Astarion companion quest is called The Pale Elf. This paleness refers to his vampirism. Even though he hides it at first, his condition will be revealed after the first couple of long rests.
There isn’t really much going on with his quest or background. We know that he has a master but that’s all.
Only thing that furthers his quest is the confrontation with Gandrel. Monster hunter Gandrel is sent to hunt vampire Astarion, by master vampire Cazador. The plot thickens…
Keep in mind, Baldur’s Gate 3 quest order is not yet complete. Companion quests will also be updated, or even revised after the full release. So, tread carefully, don’t invest too much on the current stories.
Thank you for reading my Baldur’s Gate 3 companion quests guide! Which one is your favorite party member, do let me know in the comments, and I will see you soon.