In Baldur’s Gate 3, characters can choose a feat to unlock certain specialties. But player can also choose ability improvement by 2 points over a new feat. Baldur’s Gate 3 feats can be unlocked only at level 4 in the early access. Perhaps with the full release, we may choose second or third feats at higher levels.
Right now firstly I will be listing existing feats and their descriptions for you. Secondly I will share the best feat mods available. Believe me, these mods will really make your game more enjoyable.
Baldur’s Gate 3 All Feats
There are total 15 feats to choose among, in Baldur’s Gate 3. So, now let us find out best feats and their descriptions, here is the Baldur’s Gate 3 feats list.
Increase one ability score by 2, or two ability scores by 1. You can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature. You can choose among abilities such as strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma. Choose this if you don’t find other feats useful.
Increase strength or dexterity by 1, to a maximum of 20. When you are prone, standing up uses less movement.
When you are attacked with a melee attack, you use your reaction to increase your armour class, potentially causing the attack to miss. For tank characters this would be the best choice.
Gain a +1 bonus to armour class while wielding a melee weapon in each hand. You can use two-weapon fighting even if your weapons aren’t light. Good for dual wielder DPS characters.
Great Weapon Master
When a melee attack scores a critical hit or kills a creature, you can make another melee attack as a bonus action. When attacking with heavy weapons you are proficient with, attack rolls take a -5 penalty, but their damage increases by 10.
Gain proficiency with heavy armour and increase your strength score by 1, to a maximum of 20. Another awesome trait for tanks.
Gain proficiency with light armour and increase your strength or dexterity by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Gain a spell slot of level 1 that is restored on a long rest. Learn two cantrips one 1st-level spell from the cleric, warlock, or wizard spell list. Your spellcasting modifier for these spells can be wisdom, charisma, or intelligence depending of your spell choice.
Learn two maneuvers from the battle master archetype and receive 1 additional superiority die to fuel them. You regain expanded superiority dice after a short or long rest.
Your speed increases. When you use the dash action, difficult terrain doesn’t slow your down. Moreover, if you move after making a melee attack, you don’t provoke an opportunity attack from your target. Best for assassins and dagger users.
You have proficiency with medium armor and shields, and your strength or dexterity score increases by 1, to a maximum of 20.
Gain a +2 bonus to dexterity saving throws when wielding a shield. If a spell forces you to make a dexterity saving throw, you can use your reaction to shield yourself. On a successful save, you take no damage.
You gain proficiency in any combination of three skills of your choice.
Hit point maximum increased by 2 for each level.
Increase your strength or dexterity by 1, to a maximum of 20, and gain proficiency with four weapons of your choice.
More Feats – Baldur’s Gate 3
More feats is a Baldur’s Gate 3 mod that adds extra 17 awesome new feats to the game. And what’s more, it revamps existing feats and adds new functionalities.
- Ritual Caster: You acquire a ritual book holding two 1st level spells with the ritual tag, which must be on the list of the chosen class. This is also a mod feat but it comes with another mod created by the same mod author. Check ritual spells mod page here.
- Crossbow Expert: Thank to extensive practice with crossbow, when you use the attack action and attack with a one handed weapon or crossbow, you can use a bonus action to attack with a crossbow you are holding.
- Durable: Hardly and resilient, you increase your constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20 and gain extra hit points equal to twice your constitution modifier on a short rest.
- Fey Touched: Your exposure to the Feywild’s magic has changed you, increasing your chosen ability score by 1 and granting you a 1st level spell slot. You also learn the misty step spell (which can be cast at 1st level once per day) and one 1st -level spell of your choice. The 1st-level spell must be from the divination or enchantment school of magic. The spell’s spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.
- Fighting Initiate: Your martial training has helped you develop a particular style of fighting. As a result, you learn one fighting style option of your choice from the fighter class. If you are already have a style, the one you choose must be different.
- Healer: You are an able physician, allowing you to mend wounds quickly and get your allies back in the fight. As an action, you can cast cure wounds without using a spell slot to tend to a creature. When cast this way you heal 1d6+4 hit points to it regardless of your spellcasting modifier, plus a number of hit points equal to your level. That creature can’t regain hit points in this way again until they finish a long rest.
- Inspiring Leader: You can inspire your companions, shoring up their will to fight before combat. When you do so, all friendly creatures (including yourself) within 9m of you gains 5 temporary hit points. You cannot inspire again until after a short or long rest.
- Polearm Master: You can keep you enemies at bay with reach weapons. When you take the attack action and attack with only a glaive, halberd, or pike, you can use a bonus action to make a melee attack (that deals d4 bludgeoning damage on a hit) with the opposite end of the weapon. This attack uses the same ability modifier as the primary attack. Also, other creatures provoke an opportunity attack from you when they enter the reach you have with glaive, halberd, or pike.
- Resilient: Increase the chosen ability score by 1, to a maximum of 20 and you gain proficiency in saving throws using the chosen ability.
- Shadow Touched: Your exposure to the Shadowfell’s magic has changed you, increasing your chosen ability score by 1 and granting you a 1st level spell slot. You also learn the invisibility spell (which can be cast at 1st-level once per day) and one 1st-level spell of your choice. The 1st-level spell must be from the illusion or necromancy school of magic. The spells’ spellcasting ability is the ability increased by this feat.
- Telekinetic: Increase the chosen ability score by 1, to maximum of 20. You can cast invisible mage hand without verbal or somatic components. You can also push and pull a creature telekinetically, using the chosen ability score as the spell DC.
- Charger: As show is already a bonus action, you can shove by charging. If you charge through an enemy, they are shoved away from the targeted point.
- Sharpshooter: This feat increases bow range.
- Alert: Adds initiative bonus.
- Crusher: Gives crushing effect to the fists, smash, and topple weapons.
- Sentinel: Gives constitution saving throws.
- War caster: Just another interesting brand new feat.