Hello and welcome to the best CK3 legacy tier list. In case you are having trouble choosing the right legacy for your dynasty, use this tier ranking to decide.
All members of your dynasty gain the benefit of these dynasty legacies. Acquiring new dynasty legacy becomes harder and harder as the cost increases by 500 renown each time. You as dynasty head can spend renown to unlock legacies.
Crusader Kings 3 best legacies ranked just right down below. So, lets get started.
Crusader Kings 3 Lifestyle Tier List
Crusader Kings 3 Congenital Trait Tier List
Blood legacy line is too good to pass whatever nation you are playing. Because rewards are overwhelmingly worth it. Especially in the long run.
Golds, titles, fame, piety, and almost everything comes and goes. Except the dynast and the bloodline. In order to have good rulers, generation after generation, unlocking the blood legacy is mandatory.
Careful breeding to produce the most worthy successors.
- Noble Veins: Chance of inheriting good congenital traits: +30%. Chance of inheriting new congenital traits: +30%. Always unlock this first for creating the perfect bloodline. Genius, beautiful, and herculean traits are best.
- Convergent Blood: Chance of reinforcing congenital traits: +30%. If both mother and father has the same trait like intelligent, children will be genius %90 of the time with this perk.
- Resilient Bloodline: Chance of inheriting bad congenital traits: -30%. Chance of new bad congenital traits: -30%. Removes bad genes from the blood and reduces the chance of having inbred children.
- Architected Ancestry: Select a congenital trait to become more in the dynasty. We could choose genius, beautiful, and herculean on the earlier patches but not no more. Currently giant is the best option. Fecund too.
- Octogenarians: Life expectancy: +5 years. This one is not really necessary but always appreciated.
If you enjoy playing this game with diplomacy focus, this legacy tree will greatly help you. Because of the diplomacy experience, prestige, vassal limit, and opinion bonuses. Even if you don’t like playing with diplomacy focus, desirable match and assertive rulers legacies will come in handy.
Respect and loyalty, with which others want to be associated.
- Desirable Match: Marriage acceptance: +30. Good for expanding dynasty and getting alliances. Can be unlocked because it costs only one perk.
- Renowned Name: Monthly prestige +10%. Number of knights +1. Mercenary hire cost -10%.
- Earning Respect: Personal scheme power +25%. Monthly diplomacy lifestyle experience: +10%.
- Assertive Rulers: Vassal limit: +10. Short reign duration: -20%. Vassals are less likely to join claimant factions and liberty factions. Reduced short reign duration really helps with rebellions once your ruler dies.
- Righteousness: General opinion: +10. Max sway schemes: +1.
Kin legacy in CK3 is focused on the dynasty. Its perks gives some opinion, health, education, and skill bonuses. But most importantly, +10% fertility. Fertility is the best bonus for having large families.
Large, skilled families, were members aid and support each other.
- Bounteous Loins: Fertility +10% and attraction opinion +5. Sometimes I unlock this because of the fertility and low splendor cost.
- Studious Youth: Child opinion: +10. Dynasty members get better education traits.
- Constant Care: Disease resistance health medium boost. Spouse opinion +10. Fewer complications during pregnancy.
- Close Bonds: Close family opinion +10. Dynasty opinion +5. Personal scheme success chance +30% against dynasty members.
- Graceful Aging: Now prowess loss from age. Increase skill with age.
Guile legacy is mostly focused on the intrigue lifestyle. Since it is my favorite lifestyle, I really love this legacy tree. Especially the first perk because it gives natural dread and dread gain bonus. Dread is the best way of dismantling rebellious factions.
Mastery of underhanded schemes and rule founded on fear.
- Ominous Reputation: Dread gain +20% and natural dread +15. It is almost necessary for reducing factions and rebellions. I always unlock this after completing the blood legacy.
- Long Reach: Hostile scheme success chance: +10%. Agent bribe cost -50%. Good for intrigue characters.
- Natural Schemers: Scheme secrecy: +15%. Monthly intrigue lifestyle experience: +10%.
- Venial: Monthly tyranny: -0.05. Intimidated vassal tax contribution: +10%. Terrified vassal tax contribution: +20%.
- Family Connections: Major chance to prevent one murder against each dynasty member. Interaction acceptance from intimidated and terrified: +%100.
Law legacy is mostly focused on gold, control, and stewardship lifestyle. Since hunts and feats are really important for prestige, opinion, and stress the -30% cost reduction makes your life really easy.
Sound administration, and just rule in the eyes of vassals and peasants alike.
- Mostly Fair: Popular opinion: +5. Hunt and feast cost -30%. Reduced hunt and feast costs are great. Also popular opinion helps with reducing peasant uprisings. Can be chosen for Iberian kingdoms.
- Faithful Magistrates: Title creation cost: -20%. Control growth: +0.2/month.
- Power and Prosperity: Building and holding construction cost -5%. Monthly stewardship lifestyle experience +10%.
- Delegated Authority: Powerful vassal opinion +5, tax contribution +%10, and levy contribution +%10. If you are an emperor ruling multiple kings as powerful vassals, this perk will help you greatly.
- Home Estates: Domain limit: +1. Controlled territory defender advantage: +5.
Are you a warfare / martial focused player? Do you enjoy ruling your realm with iron fist and invading other kingdoms? Then this legacy tree will help your dynasty on this path you chose.
Righteous wars with large armies and skilled knights and commanders.
- House of Warriors: Prowess +2. Knight effectiveness +15%.
- Generational Belligerence: Pursuit efficiency +15%. Retreat losses -15%. Casus belli cost: -20%.
- Squire Traditions: Monthly martial lifestyle experience +10%. Dynasty members are less likely to die or get wounded in battle. Also higher chance of gaining prowess.
- Inherited Tactics: Men-at-arms counter efficiency +15%. Advantage: +5.
- Private Army: Max number of Men-at-Arms Regiments: +1. Can recruit house guard as Men-at-Arms.
Erudition legacy tree is focused on learning lifestyle. Mostly grants piety, opinion, development, and skill bonuses. Nevertheless, I don’t believe this tree is worth investing any points.
Skilled guests, cleric approval, and capable advisors.
- Vibrant Court: Courtier and guest opinion +10. Better guests will be attracted. Guest recruitment cost -30%.
- Ordained Rulership: Monthly piety +10%. Clergy opinion +5.
- Treasured Knowledge: Development growth: +20%. Monthly learning lifestyle experience: +10%.
- True Believers: Head of faith opinion +15. Faith creation and reformation cost: -20%. More piety from pilgrimages: +30%.
- Bureaucrats: Base progress and councilor skill impact on councilor tasks +10%.
Last two legacies are adventure and pillage on this list. Not because they are bad. But because these legacies can only be selected by vikings in the 867 start.
A roaming spirit, a desire to know more, and wonderment at the world left unseen.
- Wanderlust: Diplomatic range: +30%. Receive bonus troops above the cap when adventuring. Dynasty head interaction: Send to the Varangian guard.
- Gift-Givers: Send gift cost: -50%. Seduction scheme success chance: +15%. Gain prestige for successful seduction schemes. Reduced send gift cost is S tier perk.
- Strange Gods: Different faith opinion +15. Different faith popular opinion: -50%. Faith conversion cost: -50%. Dynasty member demand conversion acceptance: +50.
- Veteran Explorers: Enemy hostile scheme success chance: -15%. Movement speed: +10%. Supply duration: +100%.
- Decentralized Rule: Can use the befriend scheme on vassals. Each of your friend relation give you 3 vassal opinion, 2 popular opinion, and +1% vassal tax contribution.
Pillage and adventure legacies allows you to become a real viking. Bonuses are also pretty good. Both game-wise and lore playing.
As the saying goes, “to the your family go the spoils!”
- Sea-Wolves: Prowess +1. Naval speed +20%. Prestige and fame from battles: +100%. Gives you ridiculous amounts of prestige.
- Always Space in the Hold: Army loot capacity: +50%. Defender advantage: +5. Max size of heavy infantry regiments: +2.
- Practiced Kidnappers: Gold from ransoms: +50%. Gain prestige from ransoming prisoners. More likely to imprison characters after a successful siege or raid.
- Making a Killing: Enemy fatal casualties: +10%. Gain gold from battles.
- No Quarter: Daily siege progress: +25%. Enemy counties lose substantial extra control when occupied.
Leave a Reply