Astarion, Lae’zel, Gale, Shadowheart, and Wyll are the available Baldur’s Gate 3 Origin characters we have so far. If you want to recruit all 5 of them to your party, try party size extender mod. There are only 5 origins and they are unavailable to as a player character because of the early access. However, there is a mod that allows you to play as origin characters. So, on this page we will talk about Baldur’s Gate 3 origin characters, how to unlock them, and future possible origins.
Well if you are ready, let us begin our BG3 origin characters list:
Let us begin with this sexy ass vampire spawn. Astarion prowled the night as vampire spawn for centuries, serving a sadistic master until a mind flayer parasite freed him from his bonds. Now that he can walk in daylight the game is on, for only his old master stands in the way of him becoming the greatest vampire the world has ever known.
He is a high elf and a rogue. His background features are history proficiency and persuasion proficiency.
Interesting topics you might be interested about Astarion:
Lae’zel is a ferocious Githyanki warrior, mighty even by the standards of her mind flayer hunting kind. Faced with transforming into the very monster she’s sworn to destroy, Lae’zel must prove herself worthy of rejoining her people, if they don’t execute her first.
My beautiful Githyanki princess Lae’zel is a fighter by class. However, she is very versatile and can be molded to different playstyles. Her background features are athletics and intimidation proficiencies. Since Baldur’s Gate 3 universe is a harsh place, this intimidation proficiency comes in very handy.
If you like spells, do recruit him instantly. Gale is a wizard prodigy whose love for a goddess made him attempt a dread feat no mortal should. Blighted by the forbidden magic of ancient Netheril, Gale strives to undo the corruption that is overtaking him and win back his goddess’ favour before he becomes a destroyer of worlds.
Now I have become death, the destroyer of worlds.
He is a human wizard with arcana and history background proficiencies.
My tsundere waifu Shadowheart’s companionship is highly enjoyable. A loyal cleric of Shar, Shadowheart is the sole survivor of a holy mission undertaken on the Mistress of the Night’s behest. She alone must deliver a relic of immense power to her coven in Baldur’s Gate, while threatened by a strange new magic that is burgeoning from within.
She is a high half elf and trickery domain cleric. Her background features are sleight of hand proficiency and stealth proficiency.
All in all, Shadowhear is a healer, fighter, and stealth master. I love versatile characters.
Noble by birth, Wyll made his name as the heroic Blade of Frontiers. But to become a living legend, he struck a bargain with a devil, a bargain from which he longs to break free before it consumes his soul for good.
Wyll is a human warlock. His background features are history and persuasion proficiencies.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Mizora is his patron and very important character for Wyll’s questline.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Play As Origin Characters
Baldur’s Gate 3 origin characters are not available due to early access.
Origin characters are awesome but they are locked during character creation screen because of the early access restrictions. So, here is the question, how do we play as origin character is Baldur’s Gate 3? Do we wait for the full release or do something more sophisticated?
Certainly you can wait for full release to play as origin characters in Baldur’s Gate 3. However, I am not a fan of waiting so are the mod community. Astarion, Lae’zel, Shadowheart, Gale, and Wyll origin characters are almost %99 complete. This origin character unlocker mod on the video above simply unlocks their restrictions and allows you to play as them. Don’t wait, grab this mod and play as origin characters in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Possible Origin Characters
There will more origin characters with the full release of Baldur’s Gate 3. But we have know little about the upcoming origin characters. Because Larian have not announced them yet.
Who will be the next origin character in Baldur’s Gate 3? We don’t know who but there are possibilities and speculations. Some mod creators have dig up the game data to find out new origin characters. And the results are satisfying.
These are the some of possible Baldur’s Gate 3 origin characters:
- Karlach: She has a tadpole too and mined game code reveals her true nature as a future origin character. Get to know more about Kralach voice actress.
- Helia: She is a werewolf druid and is a possible origin character in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Minsc: Minsc is also a potential party member and an origin character with ranger class.
- Alfira: Game data does not imply that the Alfira is a possible companion. However, most of the players wants Alfira as a origin character. Well she is pretty, have a great voice, nice story, and is a bard class tiefling. Doubtedly these traits makes her one of the most interesting npc so far in Baldur’s Gate 3. You can find out more about Alfira voice actress here.
- Minthara: Minthara is also very interesting and in depth character. It is a high possibility that she will be one of the future origin character in Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Halsin: Arch druid Halsin is yet another possible origin character.
- Vampire Hunter Gandrel: Gandrel is one of the coolest character in Baldur’s Gate 3. Everybody would like to see a charismatic vampire hunter origin and a companion.
- Nightsong: As far as we know, Nightsong is an actual character and not a spiritual being.
- Barcus Wroot: Remember the deep gnome you saved from the goblins? Basically he was spinning on a wind mill. Well, why not I say! We can have a gnome companion in the future.
- Volo: Most people argues that Volo won’t be a companion. But he might. Although probably Volo will be staying at our camp.
- Lorroakan: Most powerful wizard in the Baldur’s Gate 3. I wouldn’t surprised if Lorroakan becomes a companion in the future.